www.sunvirgin.com->Contacts->Member Forum->View Thread
Please join the fan club today!
Member Forum
View Thread
Back to the Forum  Begin New Message

Original Message
Yma in a TV commercial
Please, I'm looking for the name of a CD (or cassette) of Yma Sumac with a kind of classical music. I've heard few second of a song in a jingle-spot on italian TV for pubblicity (a litttle car but I don't remember either which car it was...). Nobody I've asked told me something interesting. Can you help me? And where in Rome I can buy something of Yma? Thanks.
posted by Archive Entry on Saturday, November 28th, 1998 at 12:36:00 PM
Respond to this Message

Responses
Yma in a TV commercial
Yma sumac has never recorded classical music although her style is very operatic. I know that her voice is featured in a Mercedes Benz TV commercial in Europe, where she sings "Goomba Boomba" from her dance "Mambo!" album. Maybe that is the one you are thinking of. I heard she was also featured in one or two other European commercials as well, which may be broadcast in Italy.

I don't know where you can buy Yma Sumac's CDs in Rome but you can buy them online no matter where you live. Check out the Shopping section of this site or look at one of the sources on the More Sources page. Most can ship anywhere.

Don
(Webmaster)
response posted by Archive Entry on Saturday, November 28th, 1998 at 12:55:00 PM

Yma in a TV commercial
I have heard the jingle too, and it is for the new SMART-Car from Mercede-Benz. I dont know which track it is, but I am sure it is from the YMA Sumac Album "MAMBO". Track could be Gopher.

Hope this helps,

best regards,
response posted by Archive Entry on Monday, November 30th, 1998 at 7:57:00 AM