www.sunvirgin.com->Contacts->Member Forum->View Thread
Please join the fan club today!
Member Forum
View Thread
Back to the Forum  Begin New Message
Original Message
Yma on the Brasilian press
During my investigation on Yma Sumac, a friend of mine (one of the few Portuguese Sumac fans, gave me a copy of an article that was published on the Brasilian newspaper «O Cruzeiro», in 1957. More than a mere article, it includes an interview with Yma. Plus, it talks about Miss Sumac's concerts in Brasil, in 1947!, adding fabulous photos. I think it interests you, but I don't know how to make it reach you. Besides, I'm going to have holidays starting in two days.

Also, I want to know if you can give me contacts of Yma Sumac's fans.
posted by Archive Entry on Thursday, December 10th, 1998 at 4:48:00 AM

Respond to this Message

Thanks for thinking of the Yma Sumac Archives with your Brasilian pressing clippings. I have many items from Brasil but they are poor quality photocopies. I would really like to post some of them but the language poses a problem since I don't speak Portugese and the quality is too poor to use OCR software. At any rate, I may already have a copy of the one you have. What is the exact date and what was the publication? I'll let you know if it's already here.

The best way to contact Yma Sumac's fans is by posting here, in the Classified Ads or in the Guest Book. Lists are not available for use outside this site. I'm sorry I can't help.
response posted by Archive Entry on Thursday, December 10th, 1998 at 12:45:00 PM

Hi there,

I will look forward to find O Cruzeiro magazine here in Rio - easy. Miguel could send me the # issue to ease my search...

Anyway I know that she has been in Rio in 1947, had a long interview with a big radio station here, and the original tapes were stolen the next day after broadcasting it... She played at the well-known Cassino da Urca, where Carmem Miranda performed many years before.

Will come to you with decent scanned copies of the mag.

Cheers to all, Pedro Rosa from Rio.
response posted by Archive Entry on Saturday, December 26th, 1998 at 6:23:00 AM