www.sunvirgin.com->Contacts->Member Forum->View Thread
Please join the fan club today!
Member Forum
View Thread
Back to the Forum  Begin New Message

Original Message
Was there a song titled "Dance of the Sun God"?
Greetings, I am wondering, someone asked me if Yma Sumac ever recorded a song with the title "Dance of the Sun God"? Also, was it featured in or associated with the 1954 Paramount picture "SECRET OF THE INCAS"? I appreciate anyone's comments.
posted by Donald John Long on Sunday, November 9th, 2003 at 3:21:22 PM
Respond to this Message

Responses
Taita Inty - Virgin of the Sun God
In Secret of the Incas, Yma sang "Taita Inty," "Tumpa!" and "Ataypura!" by lip-syncing to the recordings made in 1950 on her first U.S. release, Voice of the Xtabay.  "Taita Inty," which opened the film and had a flute added, is translated as "Virgin of the Sun God" both here in the Discography and on the original record jacket, and on all of the reissues.  Maybe this is it?  On Voice of the Xtabay, she also sang "Choladas" or "Dance of the Moon Festival" and "Wayra" or "Dance of the Winds" but these were not in the film.  She never recorded a song called "Dance of the Sun God."  A full list of all of Yma Sumac's songs can be found by selecting Reviews from the upper menu.
response posted by Don Pierson on Monday, November 10th, 2003 at 12:59:38 AM
Was there a song titled "Dance of the Sun God"?
Thanks, Mr. Pierson. I'm sure this is the answer to my question, because this is the song I remember Yma Sumac singing in "SECRET OF THE INCAS". Oh how I wish Paramount Home Video would release this Technicolor classic on DVD and VHS video! Cheers, Don J. Long
response posted by Donald John Long on Saturday, December 20th, 2003 at 1:19:12 PM