Please join the fan club
catalog no: LAL 9023
10" LP pressing of Yma Sumac's third album, recorded in 1953. There were few reissues because it was later paired with Voice of the Xtabay as the second side of the 12" LP format and on nearly all releases under that title. Today it is generally considered a part of the Xtabay album.
A review is available. A copy exists in the Archives in case there are specific questions about it. The Tiki logo is not on the actual artwork.
Capitol Records - Monophonic - ca.1953 United States 10" LP
- This release was for promotional purposes only
- Recorded in 1953
- Few reissues of this album were made since it was soon paired with Yma Sumac's first album, Voice of the Xtabay when it was reissued in 12" LP format in 1955
- Remained a part of that album to this day
- Only album to feature Moisés Vivanco's picture on the cover
- Credited to Moisés Vivanco and His Peruvians
Down from the towering Andes comes the exotic music of an ancient civilization, sung by a fabulous Princess of its people. The lovely singer is YMA SUMAC and her music is INCA TAQUI, Chants of the Incans.
For three thousand years music has played a vital role in every activity of Inca life, and musicians have been the most honored members of the Inca community. Yma Sumac brings to the outside world the fullness and beauty of her people's spirit, singing traditional chants in a voice of magnificent range and emotional power. The language of the chants is K'eshwa, still spoken today by twenty million South Americans.
Moisés VIVANCO is an eminent authority on ancient music; he has drawn carefully upon native Incan melodies and rhythms in composing and direction the selections for this unique album.
(select song title to see other recordings with it)
Show others with this title (13 entries)
Back to Top
- K'arawi (Moisés Vivanco) - 3:15
- Cumbe-Maita (Hernán Braña, Moisés Vivanco) - 3:04
- Wak'ai (Moisés Vivanco) - 2:28
- Incacho (Moisés Vivanco) - 3:25
- Chuncho (Moisés Vivanco) - 3:36
- Llulla Mak'ta (Moisés Vivanco) - 2:25
- Malaya! (Moisés Vivanco) - 3:25
- Ripui (Moisés Vivanco) - 2:58
total play time (approx): 24:36