catalog no: 4 M-11 892
This is the first, and as far as we know, the only cassette reissue of Yma Sumac's fourth album. She toured and performed in several U.S. cities as part of the promotion, inclusing The Ballroom in New York and Theatre on the Square in San Francisco. Abridged, this cassette release is missing Cha Cha Gitano.
A review is available. A copy exists in the Archives in case there are specific questions about it. The Tiki logo is not on the actual artwork.
Capitol Records - Monophonic - 1987 United States Cassette Tape
- Only known cassette reissue of this 1954 album
- Cha Cha Gitano is missing on this abridged release
- This release is a reissue
- Recording History has more reissue details
- Recorded in August of 1954
- One of Yma Sumac's most popular Albums
- Released originally during the height of the Mambo craze
- Rico Mambo Orchestra conducted by Billy May
This tape release does not have liner notes
Show others with this title (20 entries)
Back to Top