->Mambo . . . and More
Please join the fan club
catalog no: CRREV175
Reissue of popular collection from England. Not to be confused with the reissue using the same cover art, this CD is a compilation that features previously unreleased material.
The Tiki logo is not on the actual artwork.
Re-Vola (Red Cherry) - Monophonic - ca.2002 United Kingdom Compact Disc
- There is no relation between this CD compilation and the CD reissue of Mambo!
- Original cover art from Mambo!
- Features previously-unreleased material
- This is Volume 2 in the series by the ReVola division of Creation Records in England
- Volume 1 is Voice of the Xtabay and Other Exotic Delights
- Liner contains great recording studio photos of Yma along with photos of her album covers including the rarely seen Inca Taqui cover art
- This is a compilation
- Features tracks from several releases
When you play this album, prepare for a hot, exotic musical experience - a voyage of discovery into a new land of sound. For you have never in your life heard anyone sing like Yma Sumac.
The Mambo - as full of color and as exotic as it is - becomes infinitely more colorful and exotic when interpreted by the voice of Yma Sumac.
The incredible talent of this young woman is internationally renowned. From festivals in her native village of Ichochan, high in the Peruvian Andes, to concert stages in the world's most cosmopolitan centers, audiences have acclaimed her voice as it soars and plunges dramatically through its fabulous range.
In this album of mambos the stirring voice of Yma Sumac creates melodic patterns as colorful and varied as the selections she sings - selections written for her by the talented South American composer Moisés Vivanco, and Billy May, who arranged and conducted the brilliant orchestral settings.
The mambo's excitement emerges from the amazingly infectious character of its beat - a rhythm so full of fascination that it has even been known to lure large groups of people from their daily responsibilities. And if the mambo beat alone is an exotic community hazard, there's no telling what its effect will be when heard as recorded here by Yma Sumac!
(select song title to see other recordings with it)
Show others with this title (2 entries)
Back to Top
- Bo Mambo! (Moisés Vivanco, Billy May) - 3:17
- Taki Rari (Hernán Braña, Billy May) - 1:47
- Gopher (Konrad Gozzo, Billy May) - 2:14
- Malambo No. 1 (Moisés Vivanco, Billy May) - 2:53
- Five Bottles Mambo (Moisés Vivanco, Billy May) - 2:49
- Cha Cha Gitano (Moisés Vivanco, Billy May) - 3:48
- Chicken Talk (alternate version) *** (Moisés Vivanco, Billy May) - 2:34
- Malambo No. 1 (Instrumental. take 4) *** (Moisés Vivanco, Billy May) - 3:09
- Huayno (alternate version, take 7) *** (trad. arr. Moisés Vivanco) - 2:56
- No Es Vida (Moisés Vivanco) - 2:17
- Zana (Moisés Vivanco) - 1:59
- Chicken Talk (instrumental, take 3) *** (Moisés Vivanco, Billy May) - 2:36
- Babalu (Margarita Lecuona arr. Moisés Vivanco) - 2:48
- Huayno (Instrumental, take 4) *** (trad. arr. Moisés Vivanco) - 3:02
- Mi Palomita (trad. arr. Moisés & Carlos Vivanco) - 3:16
- Virgenes del Sol (trad. arr. Jorge Bravo de Rueda, Moisés Vivanco) - 2:51
- Gallito Ciego (Edmundo Zaldirar) - 2:15
- Flor de Canela (Chabuda Granada) - 3:21
- Dale que Dale (Moisés Vivanco) - 3:10
- La Molina (Francisco Ballesteros) - 3:27
- La Pampa y la Puna (Ricardo Walter Stubbs, Carlos Walderrama) - 3:08
- A la Huacachina (Angel del Valle) - 3:26
- Montana (instrumental, take 3) *** (Moisés Vivanco) - 3:45
- Hymn to the Sun Virgin *** - 3:38
total play time (approx): 70:26
*** Previously unreleased