->Live at Lewishon Stadium 1953
Please join the fan club
Early live performance shows Yma Sumac in her prime, singing a selection of her recorded repertoire along with a number of classical pieces. This is an absolutely priceless recording which, for the moment, is not available commercially.
At one point during the first portion of the show after Tumpa! the applause is so prolonged that Yma Sumac is forced back to the stage to perform an impromptu encore.
The recording on this Archival copy is pristine and was made directly from the original tapes.
A copy exists in the Archives in case there are specific questions about it. The Tiki logo is not on the actual artwork.
SunVirgin.com Archives - Stereo - 2010 United States Compact Disc
- With the Inca Taki Trio featuring Cholita Rivero, Moisés Vivanco and Yma Sumac
- Performed June 25, 1953 at New York's Lewisohn Stadium
- Orchestra conducted by David Mendoza
- Guitar on Chuncho by Moisés Vivanco
- This release was made from a live performance
This non-commercial release has no liner notes
Back to Top
- Suite of Kon Tiki and Wiracocha (orchestra)
- Ataypura (Yma Sumac)
- Montana Mama (Yma Sumac)
- Tumpa (Yma Sumac)
- Clair de Lune (encore, Yma Sumac)
- Pitu (orchestra)
- Criollo Waltz (orchestra)
- Tuta Wayra (orchestra)
Cholita dances to two pieces, accompanied by native drummers:
Yma Sumac returns to the stage:
- O Mio Babbino Caro (Yma Sumac)
- Chuncho (Yma Sumac)
- Taita Inti (Yma Sumac)
- Cholo Traicionero (Yma Sumac)
- Station Identification